Rehab Plus MakePlays Summer Sports Camp Starts May 31th, 2016
We are excited to again host our annual camp this summer. We have decided to go back to calling the event our “Makeplays Camp“. We have always used this name, and in fact have it trademarked. We like the term “makeplays” because it denotes the skills we are teaching and coaching leads to the ability to have success in the athletic world:
1. Multi-directional speed: Linear, lateral, change of direction. “Quickness” and reactive ability.
2. The ability to decelerate as well as accelerate athletically. i.e. “stop and start” “stop on dime”
3. Proper footwork and balance in athletic movements
4. Functional strength and understanding how to transfer and produce power and force in all planes: vertical i.e jumping, horizontal, i.e running fast
5. Learn how to process information quickly in the field of competition and react to it.
6. Learn how to mentally approach each phase of athletic practice and competition.
7. Understand the value of toughness (the ability to make a play when you’re tired or sore) and intelligence will be the traits that will create the most long term success both in the athletic world and the “real world”.
We have hosted this camp for a number of years and our alumni include athletes from the NFL, NBA, Olympic, collegiate and high level high school athletes. That being said, we have always welcomed ANYONE who is willing to show up, work hard, listen and learn, and be consistent.
We will be staffing the camp with our crew at Rehab Plus, plus some guest coaches like Justin Hickman from the Indianapolis Colts. Every year we have a number of surprise guest coaches as well.
Classes will be held every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. at Rehab Plus. We will hold two sessions. Session I will run every Tuesday and Thursday starting May 31-June 30, 2016 and Session II July 5-August 4, 2016. Call 602-954-7742 for more information. Look forward to another great summer of working, learning, and getting better.