It’s Christmas Eve and the malls are packed. People are getting their last second gifts and time is a valuable commodity. You can see their faces get red as they look for help in the store or wait in long lines, or the horns honking in the packed parking lots as people vie for parking spaces. It’s time to relax, it’s Christmas time.
Here are some quick hints for relaxing during the holidays:
- Laugh – Yes, laugh at the hectic things around you. It’s contagious and the people around you will join in. What a great gift for the holidays!
- Exercise – It may be difficult to find the time, but just get out and walk, run, bike, etc. It is a constructive way for your body to relieve tension.
- Sleep – This one is tough if you are overly stressed, but a good night sleep does wonders to reset your body and relax the mind. Try to get 8 hours a night.
- Meditation – Find a quiet place with some relaxing music, get in a comfortable seated or laying position, close your eyes and think about something you enjoy. Just 10 minutes of meditation can lower your blood pressure and heart rate. It’s a great way to reset the mind during the middle of the day.
- Massage – Break up that holiday tension with a holiday massage. It can be hard to relax when you back and neck are bound up. A good massage can get you on the right track. Our Phoenix and Ahwatukee locations offer massage therapy services, call Phoenix at 602-954-7742 or Ahwatukee at 480-785-5415 for more information.
Just these simple things can help make your holiday season a more relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Happy Holidays from the staff of Rehab Plus Physical Therapy!